We would like to help you know and understand how great Jesus Christ is.
He was born over 2,000 years ago and lived on earth for more than 30 years.
He claimed to be the Son of the one and only God.
He taught things that turned the values of the world upside down.
He taught that His followers should love God and love each other.
In full view of many witnesses, He performed countless miracles including healings and bringing back to life some who had died.
He was arrested on false charges and eventually executed on a Roman cross.
Amazingly, three days after His crucifixion, He was seen alive by His followers.
He stayed with them for 40 days, teaching them and appearing to many including 500 people at one time.
Forty days after His resurrection, He ascended to heaven to God the Father.
His disciples preserved His teachings and stories of His life in writings now found in the New Testament of the Bible.
While there are many religions to investigate as you seek answers to your spiritual questions, a comparison of world religions shows that Jesus is the only founder of a faith tradition who
- Claimed to be equal with God.
- Died an innocent death to provide forgiveness and salvation to those who would believe in Him.
- Came back from the grave, providing evidence of His resurrection to many.
- Offers salvation, relationship with Him, and eternal life as a free gift – no work on our part can make it happen, He has done everything for us already.
- Assures His followers of eternal life in heaven with Him.
- Provides the Holy Spirit to comfort, guide, teach, empower, enlighten, and develop His followers.
The Bible is the book that has revealed Jesus to us. It presents Jesus as our Saviour and God as a loving Father, the true father that our hearts have always longed for—maybe without even realizing it.
Followers of Christ in every generation have found that upon entering into God’s family by responding to Jesus’ invitation . . .
- Our lives can have a purpose and meaningnever known before.
- We no longer face things alone. We experience God’s presence for the rest of our lives.
- We find access to a new source of wisdom we deal with life’s choices and consequences.
- We experience the forgiveness offered by God through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.